With this 4K-video we present you the new Tudor Black Bay Fifty-Eight 925. The name of the radiant Black Bay model is, of course, a reference to the precious metal of its case (925 silver/sterling silver), but also to 1958, the year in which the first Tudor divers’ watch waterproof to 200 metres (660 ft), reference 7924 or “Big Crown”, was introduced.
We are also proud to have our partner Vontobel provide us with in-depth industry knowledge, featured in their latest “Swiss watch industry outlook”. You can find it here: https://bit.ly/3mw6WEN
Among other aesthetic nods to this historic watch, this model offers a case 39 mm in diameter in keeping with the characteristic proportions of the 1950s. Ideal for slim wrists, vintage enthusiasts and those who like objects with a difference, the Black Bay Fifty-Eight 925 is also the first Tudor divers’ watch to be made in silver and to offer an open case back.
The Manufacture Calibre MT5400 is certified as a chronometer by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC), with its performance going beyond the standards set by this independent institute. In fact, where COSC allows an average variation in the daily running of a watch of between -4 and +6 seconds in relation to absolute time in a single movement, Tudor insists on between -2 and +4 seconds’ variation in its running when it is completely assembled.
These are the KEY POINTS of the Black Bay Fifty-Eight 925:
1. Case with satin finish (matt), 39 mm in diameter in 925 silver, with an incandescence and an open case back
2. Domed dial, matt frosted taupe, with applied hour markers
3. Manufacture Calibre MT5400, certified by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC) with a hairspring in silicon and a 70-hour power reserve
4. “Snowflake” hands, one of the hallmarks of the TUDOR divers’ watches introduced in 1969, with grade A, Swiss Super-LumiNova® luminescent material
5. A choice of two straps: taupe Jacquard fabric with silver band or brown grain leather
6. Five-year transferable guarantee, without registration or mandatory maintenance checks.
7. Price: 4100 CHF incl. VAT
Tudor Reference 79010SG
39 mm case, satin finished, in 925 silver.
Open case back with sapphire crystal
Unidirectional rotatable bezel in 925 silver with 60-minute graduated disc in matt taupe anodised aluminium and silver gilded markings and numerals
925 silver screw-down winding crown, with the TUDOR rose in relief with circular satin-brushed 925 silver winding crown tube
Domed sapphire crystal
Waterproof to 200 m (660 ft)
Brown grain leather strap or taupe fabric strap with silver band, with 925 silver buckle
Manufacture Calibre MT5400
Self-winding mechanical movement with bidirectional rotor system
Swiss chronometer officially certified by COSC
(Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute)
Approximately 70 hours
Centre hour, minute and seconds hands
Stop-seconds for precise time setting
Variable inertia balance, micro-adjustment by screw
Non-magnetic silicon balance spring
Frequency: 28 800 A/h (= 4 Hz)