We met Benoit Mintiens, Founder & CEO of Ressence, in Geneva during Watches & Wonders. In this 4K-video Benoit will in a very charismatic way present us two new watches. One of them is the Type 8: it forms a new entry level for the brand, thereby expanding its core collection to a wider audience.
The domed titanium dial of the Type 8 rotates to display the hours and minutes thanks to brand’s patented Ressence Orbital Convex System (ROCS) system. It sits within grade five titanium case with a polished and satin finishing, whose sleek, modern lines hide the integration with the watch’s strap.
Playful, colorful, and streamlined, the Ressence Type 8 is designed for ergonomic comfort and maximum legibility. It is powered by a traditional automatic movement, reinforcing Ressence’s commitment to mechanical innovation.
NAME : Type 8C
Functions ● Hours
● Patented ROCS 8 – Ressence Orbital Convex System – driven by the minute axle of a customised and reinforced ETA base calibre
● 36 hours power reserve
● 28,800 A/h ( = 4Hz)
● 20 gears
● 31 jewels
● 4 ball bearings
● Matt Cobalt Blue grade 5 titanium convex dial (75mm radius) running on a jewel ball bearing with eccentric satellites rolling on jewel ball-bearings inclined at 9,75° (hours)
● Engraved indications filled with 100% Blue Superluminova grade A
● 42,9 mm (diameter) x 11 mm (thickness)
● Polished/satinated Grade 5 titanium
● Sandwich architecture.
● Domed sapphire crystals.
● 1 ATM splash-resistance
● Manual winding over 12° and set-up via case-back ( crownless ). Rotating two directions.
Buckle & Strap
● Polished Ardillon Buckle in grade 5 titanium ● Blue leather strap (20/20mm)
Total Components ● 188
● 42 grams including strap ( 33g ex-strap )
● CHF12,500 (excluding taxes!)
Ressence was founded by Benoit Mintiens in 2010 with one goal in mind: improving the function of the mechanical watch in the 21st century context. The attention was primarily given on making the watch more legible and easier to use. Ressence created a unique dial with discs, then filled it with oil and replaced the crown by a lever to only name a few of their ground-breaking developments. By improving the functionality, Ressence ultimately improved our relation with the mechanical watch. Winners of the 2013 Horological Revelation Award at the prestigious Grand Prix d’Horlogerie, Ressence takes a distinctive approach to the craft of contemporary Fine Watchmaking, combining Swiss-made calibres with unmatched self-engineered innovation to reimagining how mechanical watches can function and interact with its user in the modern age.