INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US AND HOW WE USE IT
To access certain areas of our Platform, you will need to register with us. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. your name and address, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number, your preferences and, if you make a purchase with us, payment details). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable WatchAdvisor to provide you with the services you select.
In addition, we may also collect personal information from you and your browser when you define or modify your WatchAdvisor profile settings or when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our products or services), when you provide your details when you meet a WatchAdvisor representative or contact the WatchAdvisor staff by telephone. Please note that calls to WatchAdvisor may be recorded for security, training and development purposes.
If you choose to interact with WatchAdvisor via a social media platform or other third party service, we will collect the information you have provided to us through that platform.
We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Platform, described in the section headed “Cookies and other information that we automatically collect”, below.
We will use the information we collect from you to:
- manage and fulfill purchase and service orders and to provide after service care
- deal with your enquiries and requests
- send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation
- send you marketing communications (including e-mails) relating to us and other third party partners in accordance with your communications preferences (please see the “Editing or deleting your personal information” section below for further information about how you can control these updates)
- conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services & products we provide to our customers
- create un-personalised (anonymous) market and technology studies and provide these data to business partners
- prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities and as part of our efforts to keep our Platforms secure and
- understand how our Platforms are used so that we can continuously improve our Platforms and services and other offerings
COOKIES AND OTHER INFORMATION THAT WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or mobile application. They are used to recognise your computer as you move between pages on a website, or when you return to a website or mobile application you have visited previously. Cookies are widely used in order to make platforms work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the platform.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by WatchAdvisor to your computer or mobile device. They are used only by WatchAdvisor to recognise your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Platform.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party service provider on our Platform, and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer or mobile device when it visits other platforms. Third party cookies are most commonly used for platform analytics or advertising purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. WatchAdvisor uses both 'session cookies’ and ‘permanent cookies’. Session cookies exist only while your browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Permanent cookies survive after your browser is closed, and can be used to recognise your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
WHAT COOKIES DOES WATCHADVISOR USE?
The Platform serves only the following types of cookies to your computer or mobile device:
- Cookies necessary for essential purposes: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Platforms and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies serve a variety of purposes related to the presentation, performance and functionality of this Platform. Their overall purpose, however, is to enhance visitors’ experience and enjoyment of the Platforms. For example, some of these cookies enable visitors to specify language, product or other platform preferences.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Platforms. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor and is aggregated. It includes the number of visitors to our Platforms, the platforms that referred them to our Platforms and the pages that they visited on our Platforms. We use this information to help run our Platforms more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Platforms.
- Advertising Cookies: When you visit our Platforms or click on advertisements or promotional areas on the Platforms these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and promotion. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a platform and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
- Content sharing and social networking cookies: These cookies enable users to share pages and content through third party social networking and other platforms. The companies that serve these cookies may also use your information to serve targeted advertising on other platforms.
HOW TO CONTROL OR DELETE COOKIES
You can set your cookie preferences by changing your browser settings so that cookies from the Platforms cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility).
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system, log in times and browser type. We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Platforms and for internal reporting purposes. We may anonymise and share this information with advertisers, sponsors or other businesses.
The Platforms may use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve you ads on third party platforms after you leave our Platforms, and we may use third party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of the Platforms and viewing of ads and of our content. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements, which may be based on your visits to the Platforms and other apps and sites you have visited. Third party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products and services that you might be interested.
You have choices in respect of the delivery of ads. You may opt-out of receiving certain types of behavioural ads by visiting the third party websites described in the section headed “How to control or delete cookies” above. We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- to third party providers who provide services on our behalf such as online and other payments, processing credit card transactions and handling credit checks and fraud prevention;
- we may disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to feel confident about using our Platforms, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
HOW TO EDIT, DELETE OR ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to ask for access to any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. You can also ask us not to send you direct marketing communications (however please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as e-mail updates on your order status). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at the address listed below.
You may unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications at any time by e-mailing the address below in the section headed “Contact us” or clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any WatchAdvisor marketing e-mails.
CH-6340 Baar, Switzerland
+41 41 280 80 80
last updated September 2017