The renewal process of Breitling directed by Georges Kern continues.
Georges Kern and his team just launched the new Premier Collection.
CVC Capital Partners, the so far 80 percent owner of Breitling, recently bought the remaining 20 percent of Teddy Schneider (the former 100 percent owner together with his two sisters) and is now the 100 percent owner of Breitling.
This of course also means more earnings for the management and Georges Kern. So guys have fun!
Let's make a long story short: I like the new Premier collection!
Well done Georges Kern & Breitling crew!
Why do I like the collection?
Georges will explain you: “This is the first modern Breitling collection dedicated to everyday elegance. With outstanding quality and performance, these watches bear our unmistakable brand DNA, but they have been created with a focus on style that beautifully complements their purpose.”
Have a look at these watches …
Don't they reflect the today's style and taste?
That's what I personally wanted to see much earlier from Breitling.
I had enough of these huge tone in tone black macho-watches...
Let me again Georges have a say: “Alexander, the new Breitling Premier collection takes not only its name, but also design inspiration from the Premier watches manufactured in the 1940s. While the collection is specifically dedicated to Breitling’s ‘land’ environment, my design team was also influenced by some of the brand’s early models. Like the original Premier family, which was highly regarded for its elegance, the new watches make an uncompromising style statement. The collection includes chronographs – the cornerstone of the brand’s global reputation –, day and date models, and understated three-hand watches with a discreet, small second subdial.”
Breitling Premier B01 Chronograph 42
The Premier B01 Chronograph 42 models, equipped with the “Breitling Manufacture Calibre 01”, are the flagship watches in the new collection. The self-winding, chronometer-certified chronograph, in-house developed by Breitling, has a power reserve of over 70 hours. A robust 42-millimeter stainless-steel case with a transparent caseback houses the chronograph movement. The watch is available with a dark blue or silver dial. The clean dial design features contrasting black subdials with a chronograph minute counter at “3 o’clock” and a small second subdial at “9 o’clock”, along with a date window at “6 o’clock”. Each model has a white tachymeter scale on a black inner bezel around the dial. The blue-dial version offers the choice of either a blue alligator leather or brown nubuck strap with white stitching or a stainless-steel bracelet. The silver-dial model is available with a black nubuck or alligator leather strap or a stainless-steel bracelet. Starting at 7320 Euro including 20 % VAT.
Breitling Premier Chronograph 42
The Premier Chronograph 42 models are equipped with the so-called Breitling Calibre 13 chronometer movement (= ETA 7750 / Sellita SW 500). The Premier Chronograph 42 features chronograph minute and hour counters at “12 o’clock” and “6 o’clock”, respectively, as well as a small second subdial at “9 o’clock”. The Premier Chronograph 42 features a 42-millimeter stainless-steel case and is available with either a blue or a black dial featuring a white tachymeter ring with a black scale. This Premier model offers the choice of either an alligator leather or nubuck strap with white stitching or a stainless-steel bracelet. Starting at 5330 Euro including 20 % VAT.
Breitling Premier Automatic 40
Perhaps more than any other watch in the new collection the Premier Automatic 40 reminds of Breitling’s elegant watches from the 1940s. Inside its stainless-steel case is the so-called Breitling Calibre 37 (= ETA/Sellita), a self-winding mechanical chronometer movement. It is available with an anthracite, blue, or silver dial. Each dial option is available with either a nubuck or alligator leather strap or a stainless- steel bracelet. The clean dial is encircled by a white minute track and elegantly finished with a small second subdial at “6 o’clock”. Starting at 3670 Euro including 20 % VAT.
Breitling Premier Automatic Day & Date 40
The Premier Automatic Day & Date 40 displays not only the time but – nomen est omen – also the day of the week and the date, which are located at “12 o’clock” and “6 o’clock”, respectively. Powering this automatic wristwatch is the so-called Breitling Caliber 45 (= ETA/Sellita) self-winding chronometer movement. The Premier Automatic Day & Date 40 watches are available with either a black or a silver dial and feature either a stainless-steel bracelet or a nubuck or alligator leather strap with white stitching. Starting at 3570 Euro including 20 % VAT.