The Brand in a Nutshell
- founded in 1838 by Anton Patek & Adrien Philippe
- family owned by Family Stern since 1932, located in Plan-les-Quates, Geneva (Switzerland)
- + 2000 employees
- revenue of + 1 Billion per year
- price range + CHF 10`600.-
- worldwide presence
- men's & ladies'luxury watches, cufflinks for men
- own quartz & mechanical movements
- highest auction price was 24`000`000 in 2014 (Henry Graves Supercomplication)
- less than 60`000 sold watches per year
What does Patek Philip stand for?
If we were allowed to use only one word to describe Patek Philippe it would be “royal”. But what makes the brand so special? The first Patek Philippe model ever launched was the Calatrava. It was named after an exclusive knights order in Spain which was known for their bravery, courage and nobleness. It is also the passion, love, and patience behind the craftsmanship and pursuit of the brand to challenge the most complicated tasks. Patek Philip is not focused on quantity but obsessed with quality and details. Patek proved it by manufacturing the Caliber 89 which was until 2015 the most complicated watch – with 33 complications! Legend also has it that every minute repeater has to visit the desk of Patek's CEO for final approval.
Wearing a Patek Philip means wearing history, wearing art, wearing a unique and rare piece. If you think you have already seen everything when it comes to watches and nothing can surprise you anymore: we challenge you to give Patek Philippe a try.