Ernest Borel was founded in 1856 in Neuchâtel by Jules Borel and Paul Courvoisier. Ernest, the son of Jules Borel, took charge of the business in 1894 and gave it his name. Ernest Borel developed rapidly, in 1959, the brand was present in more than 70 markets over 5 continents. The brand’s history has always been closely linked to the watchmaking region of Swiss Jura. Since its creation, the company has been able to rely on its workforce and expertise, which have enabled it to continue its development. During the 1940s, Ernest Borel launched its now-famous Cocktail collection, which is still patented to this day. Since then, this model has met with global success, which helped firmly establish Ernest Borel’s reputation and eminence. A new headquarters and factory were opened in 2009 in Le Noirmont, situated in the heart of Swiss Jura. Ernest Borel now enjoys a strong reputation in its markets with almost 900 points of sale. Over the past few years, Ernest Borel has developed its domestic market and re-established its business activities in the United States, a historically important market for the brand, as well as in India, the Middle East, Europe and Oceania. With 10 new timepieces, one of which is limited to 888 pieces, Ernest Borel commemorates in 2016 more than 160 years of know-how and Swiss watchmaking tradition, in order to complete a work begun in 1856.